Course fee: £80
An excellent course for trainees starting out in ENT to allow you to begin to perform septoplasties with confidence.
Each delegate will be provided with two sheep heads and guided through the steps of completing a septoplasty with expert demonstration (endoscopy) and supervision.
Lunch will be provided.
High faculty to student ratio.
Previous courses have received excellent feedback.
- To perform the basic steps of a septoplasty in a sheep model.
- To be orientated with regards to more advance techniquesLearning outcomes
At the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- use a headlight to illuminate the nasal cavity and septum
- identify relevant anatomy of the nasal septum
- demonstrate standard incisions
- elevate the mucoperichondrial flaps in the correct plane
- mobilise the cartilaginous septum from its bony attachments
- evaluate the basic options for correcting deformity
- transfix elevated flaps and close incisions